Skip to main content

Konad Nail Stamping Set - First Attempt

So as most of my readers know, I have a bit of a passion for nail art.  About a year ago I stumbled across the konad Nail Art stamps - I was smitten.  I had planned to put it on my Christmas list, but it completely slipped my mind and until recently I forgot about it.
Summer always seems to re-ignite my nail art passion and so it wasn't surprising that I remembered about the Konad stamps and decided to watch some youtube videos; I fell in love all over again :)
I have been caring for my lovely husband for the last month and had to cut back my working hours.  Treats and none essential items are pretty much a no go.  When my beautiful Beau initially told me he was going to treat me to the starter set, I politely declined.  After all money is tight and we are saving for a house!  When he told me it wasn't up for debate and that he was getting me a thank you for being awesome gift, I went weak at the knees =D He really is a superstar ;)
After checking for the best set, we came across this seller on Amazon and placed an order.  We completed checkout on Sunday and my stamps arrived Wednesday - they also had free shipping :) £24.00 seemed fairly reasonable as well - I made a point of checking individual prices of the items and the set was very well priced.
So here is a quick peek at my set;

I love the box!  It is pink, silver and sparkly!  The items have a good solid weight to them that stops them from feeling cheap and flimsy.  The set consists of 5 image plates (each with 7 images) 1 stamper, 1 product catalogue, 1 french directions, 1 instruction DVD set, 1 set of nail diamonte, 1 image plate holder, 5 polishes 1 top coat.


The different sets have different colours, I specifically chose this one as I wanted the white and I use black, purple and pink all the time.  There is 11ml of polish in each container.


The general idea is to place your chosen design plate on the holder, apply a layer of Konad polish across the image, hold the scraper at a 45 degree angle and scrape across the varnish.  With a rolling action you then stamp over the varnish to 'pick up' the image and using the same action transfer it onto the nail.

When you watch the videos on youtube it is made to look super easy - it isn't and I had already guessed that a lot of practice would be needed!  I originally planned to wait until the weekend when I had enough time to watch the DVD and research the technique, but as friends and family will tell you; I'm very impatient.


Usually my left hand is a lot better than my right - these mismatched Zebra prints were an absolute disaster!  I was placing my hand on the table and rolling the stamp across the nail just like I'd seen on the videos - for whatever reason this technique did not work for me.


This is my right hand - I decided to switch to leopard print and as you can see my 'new' technique seems to work :) I lift my hand off the table and look closely to line up the stamp and nail - I then stamp firmly and rotate, very hard to explain.


Be prepared for mess!  Although the Konad set comes in the nifty box, working with it takes up a lot of room.  I would also advise you have a lot of pre-soaked cotton wool and nail polish remover to hand, my first attempt was messy.  The table has been branded again :(


Once cleaned up and secured with a top coat these initially look fab!  Sadly if you look closely you can see a flaw.


The top coat smudged :( Apparently there is another technique to using Konad top coat that I am yet to master!

For a first attempt it isn't too bad - yes I am still wondering around with the terrible zebra car crash on my left hand, full points for originality ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour B4 Extra Strength Review - Part Two Using the Dye Remover and helping to prevent re-oxidation

If you haven't already read it, you should really check out Part One of this as it details preparation, it can be found here Well it is done and I am rather impressed with the results, even if I do say so myself!  There were a few things that I did differently this time and I will go through the entire process and then share the finished result. You will need; Sectioning Clips Comb Colour B4 Extra Strength Cling Film Two beanie style hats Hair Dryer Shower Bucket Loads of Patience Step One Start by sectioning your hair and clipping the upper portion to the top of your head.  If like me you have long hair, it is best to start with the underneath layers.  I found the easiest way to apply the remover was to take a small section of hair (no more than an inch wide) and squirt a small amount into my gloved hands and start with the ends carefully rub it in.  I usually applied 3 squirts to each section; end, mid length and root.  Time should be taken to ensure each squ

Superdrug Colour Rewind - Hair Dye Remover Review - Part One

I started dying my hair at the grand old age of 15 - fast forward to 12 years later and my hair has become a dried out mop of horror.  I started with black - I loved Marilyn Manson and Slipknot and needed the world to view my hair as an extension of my sheer awesomeness!  This phase lasted until I was about 19; almost 4 years of the darkest of darks layered over my hair. I alternated between black, black-blue, black-purple and even tried dip dyed black and red.  At 19 I wanted a change and decide to bleach it so I could dye it red - after an initial day of ginger (luckily I was favouring the sporty baseball cap in this period) I switched to a dark red.  Next came a few years of alternating between different shades of red and then various browns. When we started trying for a baby in 2010 I was worried that the constant dying of my hair whilst pregnant could cause development issues - I went to a professional hair dresser and had blonde highlights put through my then dark brown

Replacement Blades for the Silhouette Cameo - UK users

From the moment I purchased my Silhouette Cameo I was in love.  The only way I could justify the cost was to start up a business , the only problem with this was the cost of the blades.  I was getting through a blade every few weeks, at just under £16.00 (including postage) for a single blade it was getting very expensive.  I knew that once business picked up I was going to either have to increase prices (never a good idea for new businesses) or take a big knock in profits.  The only solution I could see was be to try and find a cheaper solution to the blades. I was first made aware of using disposable blades by Ligaya's Creativity Zone .  She had had success with an aluminium (CB09) Blade Holder.  This blog was invaluable for advice on the different angled blades available and suppliers of the CB09 Blade Holder. The only drawbacks were the seller was based in Asia (have been stung for import taxes before, and it is a hefty amount) and there were reports that the holder act