Skip to main content

Tree of Life Pendants

A very quick update to share my latest make with you all.  I have an etsy store for which I design jewellery that centres around fertility, loss, pregnancy and family.  It is called Onuava, and is a much needed outlet for my creative passion.
The thing that I love most about my store is the individual stories of courage and shared empathy that my buyers all have.  There is nothing quite as special as knowing that my pieces are providing hope and unity to women all over the globe.

I sell a few pendants that are called The Tree of Life and these are extremely popular.  To date, I have only made pendants with round beads.  After purchasing some gorgeous copper wire, I was inspired to use stone chips as they give a lovely textural appearance that imitates leaves.

After 6 solid hours of work, I have produced these;


The wondrous thing about these pendants is that they feature precious stones and crystals that are said to help increase fertility.  For those that are not big fans of alternative therapies (like crystal healing) these necklaces hold their own on appearance alone.

From top left we have; Garnet, Citrine, Amethyst
From bottom left we have; Trio of Amethyst, Moonstone and Rose Quartz, Lapis Lazuli, Green Malachite

I am pleased as punch with these, and as soon as we have a sunny day I will be photographing them, ready for the shop!

Comments

  1. Lovely pendants. I think the texture of the stones is fab. Really gorgeous work. :)

    Danni
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danni, great minds obviously do think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colour B4 Extra Strength Review - Part Two Using the Dye Remover and helping to prevent re-oxidation

If you haven't already read it, you should really check out Part One of this as it details preparation, it can be found here Well it is done and I am rather impressed with the results, even if I do say so myself!  There were a few things that I did differently this time and I will go through the entire process and then share the finished result. You will need; Sectioning Clips Comb Colour B4 Extra Strength Cling Film Two beanie style hats Hair Dryer Shower Bucket Loads of Patience Step One Start by sectioning your hair and clipping the upper portion to the top of your head.  If like me you have long hair, it is best to start with the underneath layers.  I found the easiest way to apply the remover was to take a small section of hair (no more than an inch wide) and squirt a small amount into my gloved hands and start with the ends carefully rub it in.  I usually applied 3 squirts to each section; end, mid length and root.  Time should be taken to ensure each squ

Superdrug Colour Rewind - Hair Dye Remover Review - Part One

I started dying my hair at the grand old age of 15 - fast forward to 12 years later and my hair has become a dried out mop of horror.  I started with black - I loved Marilyn Manson and Slipknot and needed the world to view my hair as an extension of my sheer awesomeness!  This phase lasted until I was about 19; almost 4 years of the darkest of darks layered over my hair. I alternated between black, black-blue, black-purple and even tried dip dyed black and red.  At 19 I wanted a change and decide to bleach it so I could dye it red - after an initial day of ginger (luckily I was favouring the sporty baseball cap in this period) I switched to a dark red.  Next came a few years of alternating between different shades of red and then various browns. When we started trying for a baby in 2010 I was worried that the constant dying of my hair whilst pregnant could cause development issues - I went to a professional hair dresser and had blonde highlights put through my then dark brown

Colour B4 Extra Strength Review - Part One Preparation

Here we go again....... This is quite a long post where I discuss my specific needs, past experiences and hair preparation for using Colour B4 Regular readers will know that I actually reviewed Superdrug Colour Rewind twice last year. The first post can be found here  and the second one here . Well I had a mini hair dye relapse and the results are less than spectacular :( About a month ago I caved in and dyed it back to red. BIG mistake! My hair is now the longest it has ever been (I had a mother who seemed to be rebelling over being made to keep her hair long as a child, by ensuring mine was never too far past my shoulders) and I think that it has grown past the length that I can properly dye it at home solo. I was left with a hot mess of patchy red, brown and *cringe* orange shades. Despite switching to a specific shampoo and conditioner for dyed hair, and only washing it in cold water, it faded within a few days. My roots are growing at such an alarming rate (they were notic